About the Book:
Laurie Sandell grew up in awe (and sometimes in terror) of her larger-than-life father, who told jaw-dropping tales of a privileged childhood in Buenos Aires, academic triumphs, heroism during Vietnam, friendships with Kissinger and the Pope. As a young woman, Laurie unconsciously mirrors her dad, trying on several outsized personalities (Tokyo stripper, lesbian seductress, Ambien addict). Later, she lucks into the perfect job–interviewing celebrities for a top women’s magazine. Growing up with her extraordinary father has given Laurie a knack for relating to the stars. But while researching an article on her dad’s life, she makes an astonishing discovery: he’s not the man he says he is–not even close. Now, Laurie begins to puzzle together three decades of lies and the splintered person that resulted from them–herself.
I will be giving away 5 copies of this book on July 19! As always, leave a comment for one entry. For additional entries you can:
• Post about this giveaway on your blog and include the link with your comment and you’ll be entered.
• Subscribe to my blog for an additional entry.
• Following me on Twitter? If not, my username is Amateurdelivre. If you mention it, that’s another entry.
• If you post about this on Twitter, be sure to say so in the comment section. That’s another entry.
• Are you a member at Facebook? If so, add me as a friend for an additional entry.
• Are you a member of the Ning groups? Add me as a friend and that’s an additional entry – make sure to let me know which ones.
• What about Book Blips? Are you a member there too? Add me to your list of friends and that’s another entry.
Please remember to have a valid email address. This contest is open to the US and Canada only and no P.O. Boxes. Thanks!